Since the mid-eleventh century the Wawel Castles has been the main seat of Polish rules,and in the same century, under the reign of King Casmir the Restorer, Krakow became the capital of a wide-spread country, and served as such until the end of the sixteenth century, that is to the decline of the Polish State.
Royal castle Niepolomice a copy of royal castle Wawel Niepolomice Go to Ojcow Ruins
Royal Castle Wawel, main seat of Polish rulers since the mid-eleventh century. The Renaissance courtyard of the Castle, the outer courtyard, and a general view of the Wawel.
The Renaissance courtyard of the Royal Castle
Renaissance style courtyard. It was built to reflect the glory of Sigmund the Elder in the 16th Century. Fragments of frescoes are still visible on the walls.
Slowacki Theater. Baroque-style theater built in 1892.Little Market Square
Cabs of Krakow
Barbakan and Florin Gate in the background
Cloth-Hall probably the oldest shopping mall in the world, it has been in business for over 700 years. The Cloth-Hall was extended in the second half of the 14th century. To create the Gothic structure 108 meter long and eight meter wide.
Nowa Huta was started in 1949 as a separate town near Krakow on terrain villages of Mogila, Pleszow and Krzeslawice. In 1951 it was joined with Krakow. Nowa Huta recently became one of the top tourist destinations in Krakow as a post-communist district with very typical post war architecture.
Central Runabout (Aleja Roz) located between ”Central B” and ”Central C” Estates. View from the Central Square